Where's the rum? Pt. 1 - Ron Zacapa

Posted by Rich on 3:32:00 PM with 1 comment

Here's a look at a few of the rum's I have a preference for found mostly in the Caribbean and South America. By no means extensive, but easily obtainable and makes for a simple introduction to the world of dark rums.

======================================================================

Ron Zacapa -15 & 23yr Old, XO (25 Yr old) Zacapa Website
Cost - between USD$45 (1ltr 23) and USD$90 (750Ml XO)

Made in Guatemala, this is definitely one of my favorites. The signature 'petate' the braided band around the center of the bottle signals some of Zacapa's Mayan influences, one of which being the use of cane honey in the distillation process. It makes this rum quite sweet, yet bold. Of the many ways I've tried this rum, it is still best enjoyed either chilled, or with a couple blocks of ice.
Trust me when I say, I've tried this rum many ways.
shout out in the comment section if this is a favorite of yours of if you tried this spectacular rum recently.


Here's a video of a bartender pouring me a healthy serving at the popular Beach House Carnival Fete
 

Categories: , ,