Where's the rum Pt. 10 - Appleton Estate

Posted by Rich on 5:21:00 AM with No comments
I was a bit of conflicted as to whether I should profile this rum or not. In the end I decided that it warranted the exposure even though I'm not particularly fond of this rum.
Appleton Estate- proud product of Jamaica is highly favored (though not by me) and has quite the line up.
There are 5 products - the V/X, Reserve, Extra, Legacy and 21Yr old.

There are also 2 special editions, a 30yr (US$30-50/btl) and 50 yr old (US$3,500/btl) I'm much more partial to the darker rums so recommend trying the 21 year old first before sauntering over to the pricier 30yr and (collector's item) 50 yr old bottles. Due to the heavy fruitiness of these rums, I recommend tempering it a bit with a chaser like sparkling water or soda. The 50 yr old is definitely to be sipped neat.